I have a personal philosophy about life.
Without getting too spiritual on you, I believe that people are on Earth to collect stories. The most awkward situations, although terrible at the time, make the best stories in the end. I live for stories of “failures”, embarrassing moments and mistakes… the stories of humans just being humans.
My life has been full of them.
Maybe that’s why I love them so much. I feel that I connect more thoroughly to someone who is willing to own their mistakes and even laugh at themselves.
This is why I find it so strange when bloggers choose to portray these perfect, magazine-style lives. It’s like fashion and celebrity magazines for your whole life. It just serves to make people feel bad, feel that they aren’t doing their best, that they aren’t good enough.
But don’t worry. I will never do that to you.
I’ll let you in on all of my mistakes, foibles and awkward situations.
I’ll make you feel good that you can rest assured that there is at least one human being more awkward than you.
Have I got a story for you…
- ½ head of green or savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ⅓ cup of mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, pine nuts)
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion, green part only cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Add shredded cabbage, seeds and carrot to a bowl with green onion.
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables, toss and chill until ready to serve.