I’m sorry, I’m about to do something that I hate.
I’m about to talk about the weather. Feel free to skip right past this and go to the recipe.
It’s sunny!! This might not seem like a big deal if you live in California, or Edmonton or even Siberia. But, in England, this is akin to a miracle.
Eating a sad sandwich for lunch when it’s raining seems acceptable. But, the sun calls for something a little more celebratory.
Something a little citrusy, a little zesty and a whole lot tasty.
Plus, you now have a whole tray of delicious sesame baked tofu that you don’t know what to do with, right?
So go! Grab a container and eat this salad outside, awaken your taste buds as you soak up the sun.
- 3 TBSP rice vinegar
- 3 TBSP orange juice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 small can of mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds
- ⅓ cup roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- ½ batch of sesame baked tofu
- 1 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- Mix vinegar, juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and red pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cabbage, carrots and green onions in a large bowl.
- Top with tofu, nuts and seeds, mandarin orange slices and top with dressing!
- Toss well and enjoy!